Founded in 2022, The Berkeley Alembic Foundation is a nonprofit space hosting events that pertain to movement, meditation, neuroscience, psychedelic integration, and creativity, and further encouraging the development of community bridging those interest areas. We are currently looking for a Director of Operations to create, maintain, and execute systems internal to our organization. Because we are new, there is a lot of potential for growth and individuation in this position. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, self-motivated, ready to solve problems on the fly, and excited about helping to create something from the ground up. This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated and mission-driven professional to assume a pivotal role in the development and evolution of a brand new cultural organization.
You should be very comfortable working with volunteers, as they are a major component of how we do things. In addition to prior operations experience, you ideally have a background and sincere interest in meditation, yoga, movement, or a similar discipline.
This is a 60 percent time position (24 hours per week) with the potential to become full time contingent on further fundraising. With very rare exceptions, you are welcome to attend Alembic workshops, retreats, classes, and events for free.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Director of Operations will work closely with the Executive Director to refine existing systems and implement new ones. Some duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Planning Activities
- The Director of Operations will work with the Executive Director and other members of the leadership team to set the organization’s strategic goals. They will then translate these goals into specific operational objectives and projects.
- Managing Volunteers
- The Director of Operations will expand and execute extant policies and procedures for recruiting, managing, and retaining volunteers.
- Together with the Executive Director, the Director of Operations will track and maintain communication with partners and associates of The Berkeley Alembic Foundation, including teachers, like-minded organizations, and rental clients.
- Business Model Development
- With the Executive Director and other members of the leadership team, the Director of Operations will expand and refine the current business model of the organization across events, memberships, and coworking.
If this role sounds like a perfect fit for you, please send a detailed cover letter and resume to email@example.com and indicate some times that would be good for you to connect on a call.
We will accept applications on a rolling basis until October 19th, 2022 or the position is filled, whichever is earlier.